Terms & conditions
Booking, payment and usage terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to bookings of our nationally-owned activity centres through the United Kingdom (Activity Centres). References to Activity Centre(s) throughout refers to the Activity Centres generally, and where the context permits, the specific Activity Centre you have booked.
The services and facilities that you have booked at the Activity Centre, along with the start and end times for these services and facilities and the duration for which you have booked to attend an Activity Centre (the Booking), are itemised on the booking receipt which accompanies this document. Access to these facilities before or after these times will be at our absolute discretion and will incur additional charges of up to 50% of the daily rate for these facilities.
Details of rates can also be found on our Prices and Booking pages for each centre.
1.1 Description of services
The services may vary slightly from their descriptions on the Website. We do not accept any liability for such variations.
1.2 Booking requirements
Except for specified Girlguiding activity centre events and permit camps, when suitably qualified Girlguiding leaders or staff will act in loco parentis for any person under the age of 18, all Bookings require an adult aged 18 or over to be present for the duration of the Booking (the Adult). This Adult agrees to be the responsible person for any guests under the age of 18 relevant to that Booking. This means that the Adult is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all under 18s unaccompanied by another adult for that Booking.
1.3 How will we accept your booking
We accept your booking on a provisional basis when we email you a booking confirmation. You will then have a period of 30 days to pay the requested deposit which will be set out in the booking confirmation and detailed in clause 2.2 (the Deposit). On receipt of this Deposit, a contract will come into existence between you and us in accordance with these terms.
If we are unable to accept your Booking, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the booking. For example, this might be because the date is no longer available due to a conflicting booking or resource availability. If you have already paid the Deposit, this will be refunded in full within 14 days of us confirming we cannot accept your Booking.
1.4 Our right to make changes to the services
If required for relevant health and safety purposes, or to make improvements in the activity, or for other regulatory reasons, we may make minor changes to the services or activities offered at the Activity Centre. If we intend to make more significant changes which will affect your Booking, we will inform you in advance (if possible) and, if these changes are not acceptable, you will have a right to request a full refund (provided you notify us of such request at least 2 days before the date of arrival – if you notify us after this time your Booking will be treated as cancelled and will be dealt with in accordance with section 3).
1.5 What will happen if you do not provide us with required information?
To provide the services requested, we will need certain information from you, for example a list of the attendees, additional needs, or dietary requirement. If you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it (but at least 14 days before your Booking,) provide us with this information or if you provide us with incomplete or incorrect information, we may cancel your booking and charge you the appropriate compensation fees in accordance with our cancellation, adjustment and refund policy outlined below. If your Booking is cancelled in accordance with this clause, the Deposit is non-refundable.
2. Prices and payment
The prices displayed on our website include VAT where applicable and are displayed in Pounds Sterling. The prices for the services and facilities that you are booking with us are detailed on the booking receipt that accompanies this document. Payment of your Deposit in accordance with clause 1.3 confirms that you have agreed that these are the prices that you will be charged.
If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, and refund you any sums you have paid (including your Deposit).
2.1 How you can pay:
We accept all major credit and debit cards from Visa, MasterCard. We do not accept American Express. We also accept payment by cash, cheque and BACs (internet transfer).
A 20% deposit of the full charge is required for all Bookings. This is payable within 30 days of the booking being made and is non-refundable and non-transferable other than as set out in this agreement. If you add additional services to your booking, please be advised a further 20% deposit will be requested against any new charges.
2.3 Payment in full
Full payment is required on or before arrival, and you can pay the balance in any number of instalments. When arranging payments to us, please quote your booking reference.
You will not be given access to the Activity Centre unless and until your Booking is paid for in full on your arrival or in advance of your arrival.
We do, provide 30-day invoicing to schools and businesses with prior agreement.
If you think a payment is wrong, please contact us promptly to let us know.
3. Cancellations, booking adjustments and refunds
We strongly advise all customers to hold travel insurance for the purposes of your visit. We are not liable for events outside our control. If your booking is affected by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect on your booking. If there is a risk of substantial changes to your booking you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any bookings affected.
3.1 If you wish to cancel:
You may contact us at any time to cancel your booking. However, in some circumstances, we may charge you certain sums for doing so, as described below. If you would like to cancel a booking in accordance with these terms, you must contact us using the details below, providing us with details of your order to allow us to identify your booking.
To cancel, email email@example.com or contact the centre you booked with:
- Blackland Farm: 01342 810 493 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foxlease: 02380 282 638 or email@example.com
- Glenbrook: 01433 651567 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICANDO: 020 7592 1818 or email@example.com
- Waddow Hall: 01200 423186 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.2 If you cancel a booking without a good reason:
If you are not cancelling the booking for one of the reasons set out in this clause below, the contract between us will end immediately but we will charge you the following amounts to cover our proper costs in connection with this agreement and the Booking (depending upon the date of the Booking and the cancellation date):
- 90 or more days prior to arrival – you will not be entitled to a refund of the Deposit, but you will not be required to pay any other cancellation charges. For the purposes of this clause, the Deposit amount is deemed to be 20% of the value of the booking, irrespective of how much you have already paid to us for the booking. If you have paid more than the Deposit, you will be refunded for the excess.
- 60 – 90 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total price for the booking shall be payable (less the Deposit paid), within 14 days of the cancellation date.
- Fewer than 60 days prior to arrival – 100% of the total price of the booking shall be payable (less the deposit paid) within 14 days of the cancellation date.
The charges in this clause 3.2 will also apply if you fail to show up for your Booking on the date specified in your booking receipt. You are responsible for ensuring the details of your Booking in your booking receipt are accurate, including the dates and times of arrival. In this case, the charges will become payable immediately on the date on which you should have arrived for your Booking.
3.3 If you cancel a booking with good reason:
If you cancel the booking for any of the reasons set out below, we will refund you in full (including any Deposit paid). The relevant reasons are:
- We have told you about an upcoming change to a service and you have notified us in accordance to clause 1.4 that do not agree to the change.
- We have told you about an error in the price of a service or the description of the service and you do not wish to proceed with the Booking.
- We need to suspend or delay the Booking for reasons outside of our control.
- 3.4 If you are not cancelling but are reducing your numbers by 10% or more without good reason:
If you are not adjusting your Booking for any of the reasons set out in clause 3.3, full charges will be applicable as per the amounts stated above in clause 3.2 (applicable for per person charges).
3.5 If you are not cancelling but are reducing your numbers by less than 10% without good reason.
If you are not adjusting your Booking for any of the reasons set out in the clause 3.3, you will not be charged in accordance with clause 3.2 but will lose your Deposit paid for those spaces. For the purposes of this clause, the Deposit per person shall be calculated at 20% of the value of the places you are reducing your numbers by, based on the prices set out in the booking receipt. The balance will be payable in full for the amount of people on the amended Booking.
3.6 Changes to services and/or facilities for your Booking
If you are not cancelling the whole Booking but wish to remove some of the services and facilities booked, you will have the option to book replacement services and/or facilities or to simply cancel the existing services and/or facilities. If you wish to book replacement services and/or facilities and the payment required for such services and/or facilities is higher than for your original services and/or facilities, you will need to pay the difference in accordance with clause 2. If the payment required for the replacement services and/or facilities is less than your original services and/or facilities, you will be required to pay the original price in accordance with clause 3.2.
If you simply wish to cancel services and/or facilities with no replacement, you will be required to pay the original price in accordance with clause 3.2 based on the charges for the services and facilities that you are cancelling as they are set out on the Booking receipt.
4 Our rights to end the contract and our liability
4.1 Termination by us
We may end the contract if you break any term in it. The contract will terminate if cancel your Booking (provided that the payment provisions in clause 3.2 will still apply as if you have cancelled the contract without good reason). We may also terminate this contract if:
- You do not make a Deposit payment to us when it is due, and you still have not made payment to us within 10 days of us reminding you that payment is due.
- You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with material information that is necessary for us to provide the services, for example, the names of the attendees.
- 4.2 Our liability and limitations to compensation:
We will be responsible for providing instructors for the instructed activities listed on the Website, who must be suitably skilled and experienced in the relevant activity. We will ensure that the Activity Centre has a sufficient number of staff in attendance who are trained in first aid.
We are not responsible for business losses, indirect losses, or consequential losses. We only supply activities for domestic and private use. If you use the activities for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity. We are not responsible for any losses which arise as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by you (the Adult) or by any guest associated with your Booking, including but not limited to those obligations set out in clause 5.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any breach of your statutory rights, including the rights to receive services as described and supplied with reasonable skill and care.
Other than in relation to the liabilities set out above, our maximum liability to you will be the amount you have paid to us for the Booking.
4.3 Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- If you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable. However, all of our prices are listed on the Website and you should review these before you make a Booking.
- If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
5. Your obligations and liability
5.1 Using the Activity Centre
Please note that this list of obligations is not exhaustive and it supplementary to, and not in replacement of, any further rules or requirements we may provide regarding your use of the Activity Centre. There may also be additional rules regarding use of certain facilities, services or activities at the Activity Centre.
- As the named person on the booking, as the Adult you are responsible for providing accurate guest information where it is requested. This includes but not limited to, names of attendees, accommodation fire lists, food allergies, disabilities, and medical allergies or conditions.
- You are responsible for the administration of first aid to guests of the booking, and for documenting with us, any accidents or incidents pertaining to guests in your care that are under the age of 18, or for any adult that is unable to complete paperwork for medical reasons. If you require the assistance of emergency services, staff must be informed immediately.
- All guests are responsible for following all fire procedures as provided, including contacting the emergency services where necessary, prior to informing staff.
- External suppliers of any kind are not permitted without prior approval. We may require copies of paperwork, including but not limited to proof of liability, qualifications, risk assessments and operating procedures.
- All guests are responsible for the use, storage, and whereabouts of any additional equipment they bring to our Centres. This equipment is brought to centre at your own risk.
- BBQs are permitted on campsites only, on or with stands. Hard ground is available for you to use where possible. Disposable BBQs are not permitted.
- Fires are permitted in designated spaces only.
- All guests are expected to adhere to speed limits of 5-10mph displayed at all Activity Centres.
- All guests are responsible for disposing of all of their own rubbish using the onsite refuse and recycling facilities.
- Dogs are permitted within Centre grounds but must be always kept on a lead. Owners must clear up any mess around the site and dispose of it appropriately. Assistance dogs are permitted in all facilities.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. We ask that cigarette ends are disposed of via the appropriate bins available on site and not thrown on the floor.
- All guests are expected to follow the Countryside Code and close all gates behind you when leaving the Centre.
- The consumption of alcohol is permitted, but you are expected to be respectful of other guests, and we reserve the right to ask anyone to leave if their behaviour is not appropriate for a family environment.
- We operate a Challenge 25 scheme in our licenced venues, and you are expected to provide appropriate identification if it is requested
- All guests are expected to display appropriate behaviour for a family venue. Anyone deemed to be displaying inappropriate behaviour will be asked to leave.
- All guests are expected to leave the facility and associated grounds in the clean & tidy manner that you had been presented with on arrival. Facilities will be checked on departure, and you will be charged for any unreasonable cleaning needs and/or breakages identified.
- Guests must not use the Activity Centre or any service available at the Activity Centre in any way which contradicts or is not in line with our directions for use.
- Guests must not do or permit anything to be done at the Activity Centre which is illegal or may become a nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience or disturbance to us, to the other guests at the Activity Centre or to any owner or occupier of neighbouring property.
- Guests must comply with the terms of this agreement and any instructions from us or our employees or volunteers as to the use of the Activity Centre.
- You must permit us or our employees or volunteers to search all guest’s containers, bags, boxes and equipment which you (or any of your associated guests) bring to the Activity Centre.
- You and your guests must not to permit or cause any damage to the Activity Centre or any equipment, fixtures or furnishings at the Activity Centre.
- No guest is permitted to smoke or permit smoking (including e-cigarettes) anywhere at the Activity Centre other than the areas specifically designated for smoking cigarettes or e-cigarettes.
- All guests must leave the Activity Centre in a clean and tidy condition and not to leave any items or equipment which they bring to the Activity Centre.
6. Data protection
In order to comply with our obligations under these terms, you will need to provide us with certain items of personal data for guests (including but not limited to names, addresses, dates of birth). By providing us with that personal data, you confirm that you have all necessary and desirable consents from the individuals to provide us with the data.
Each party shall, at its own expense, ensure that it complies with and assists the other party to comply with the requirements of all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK including the Data Protection Act 2018.
These terms and conditions to not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of them.
A waiver of any right or remedy under these terms and conditions or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent right or remedy. A failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement. If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is deleted under this clause the parties shall negotiate in good faith to agree a replacement provision that, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the intended commercial result of the original provision.
These terms and conditions, and any dispute arising out of them, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation.